MICKEY COHEN - RFK, JFK, and MARILYN MONROE
January 1, 1970Marilyn Monroe, JFK & RFK Conspiracy Theories
What was the role of Jewish mobster Mickey Cohen?
Los Angeles, CA. - A new book by a celebrity biographer finally tells the story of Celebrity Gangster Mickey Cohen, the west coast leader for Jewish mob boss Meyer Lansky, boxer, bodyguard, blackmailer, pimp, bookie czar, gambler, haberdasher, restaurateur, racketeer, thief, and Robin Hoodlum to the poor and dispossessed.
"Hollywood's Celebrity Gangster, The Incredible Life and Times of Mickey Cohen" (ISBN: 1-929631-65-0), by Brad Lewis, examines the mixed morality life of the Los Angeles-based mobster who reigned from the 1930s until his death in 1976.
Some of the facts featured in "Hollywood's Celebrity Gangster" include:
• How Mickey Cohen made extortion sex tapes of Marilyn Monroe.
• Cohen’s introduction of Monroe to JFK through Sinatra and Peter Lawford.
• The Jewish mob’s concerns about JFK’s Israeli Politics.
• Mickey Cohen, JFK, and Frank Sinatra dated some of the same women.
• Why did Cohen meet regularly with Menachem Begin and attorney Melvin Belli?
• How RFK threatened Mickey Cohen when he was naked in a prison shower.
• JFK assassin Sirhan Sirhan worked for television star Desi Arnaz and at the Santa Anita racetrack, one of Cohen’s gambling strongholds.
• Lee Harvey Oswald’s assassin Jack Ruby (Rubinstein) idolized Cohen and dated his girlfriend Candy Barr.
• Cohen’s links to Carlos Marcello, David Ferrie, Jim Braden, and Al Gruber.
• How Mickey Cohen ran a gambling operation in the Ambassador Hotel, site of the RFK assassination.
"But Bobby Kennedy, this snotty little guy, ques¬tioned like an out-and-out punk, and I don’t mean this with any animosity " -- Mickey Cohen.
"Mickey Cohen would have objected to this book's publication," said the author, Brad Lewis. "His blackmail targets included Marilyn Monroe, Lana Turner, and department store heir Alfred Bloomingdale. The most social of any mobster in history, Mickey bridged the gap between Hollywood, Las Vegas, and Washington. Mickey had the ear of many powerful people, including William Randolph Hearst, Richard Nixon, Reverend Billy Graham, and Washington Post columnist Drew Pearson. Enemies like Robert Kennedy were relentless in trying to topple Mickey."
"I found 'Celebrity Gangster' intense, dramatic, a real page turner," said Irwin Winkler, producer of Goodfellas, Rocky, Raging Bull, and The Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight.
Brad Lewis is a novelist, biographer, playwright and former actor. As an oral surgeon, he practiced in both New York and Beverly Hills. His offices treated numerous celebrities including Richard Nixon, Frank Sinatra, Willie Mays, Diane Keaton, Hugh Downs, Henry Mancini and Henry Kissinger. Lewis is co-author of "My Father, Uncle Miltie," the bestselling biography of fabled comedian Milton Berle.
"Hollywood's Celebrity Gangster" is currently available for purchase at all online booksellers including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Booksamillion.com and at local bookstores. For more information visit www.BradleyLewis.com & www.BradleyLewis.org.
Recent Interview: http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk/listings/2007/05/airtalk_20070528.shtml
“Hollywood’s Celebrity Gangster” KPCC “Air Talk” with Larry Mantle
Available for interviews: (310) 275-9968 or email@example.com
Title: Hollywood's Celebrity Gangster The Incredible Life and Times of Mickey Cohen
by Brad Lewis
425 pages, 30 halftones
Trade paper $22.00
Publication date: May 28, 2007
U.K. Distribution by Greenhill Books, London.
U.S. and Canadian distribution by Perseus Consortium.